University Teaching in Japan! – Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama, and Aichi
We are now recruiting instructors for the Fall 2020 term.
***** UNIVERSITY PROGRAM *****
1) PROGRAM INFORMATION:
We are seeking highly motivated educators to teach English at universities in Japan. This unique opportunity is for bright teachers eager to enrich their teaching skills.
Due to the prolonged effects of the Covid-19 situation, Westgate needs to be flexible regarding the type of teaching we are able to provide. Based on societal needs and/or those of our clients, lessons might to be delivered on campus, online, or perhaps even a combination of the two.
Lessons will be held according to regular on-campus hours in Japan, such as between 9:00 and 18:00 (Japan Standard Time), regardless of whether they are held on campus or online.
Considering the above, we are looking for the following applicants for the Fall 2020 term:
– Those who live in Japan already and would be willing to work remotely and on-campus if needed.
– Those who live outside Japan at the moment but would be willing to work remotely despite the time difference and to come to Japan if needed.
Please refer to the information on our website for the general conditions of our programs. If the immigration/travel restrictions are lifted before the Fall 2020 term, we may ask you to come to Japan. In such case, we will give you more details about flight arrangement conditions and reimbursement at that time.
In order to be able to teach for Westgate online, you would need to meet the following requirements.
– Internet speed of 1.5Mbps (=1500Kbps) or faster, 3Mbps or faster preferred
– Microsoft Windows 10
– May 2019 Update  (or newer); or Apple macOS Mojave 10.14.6 (or newer) (If you are using another OS, you would be asked to check with us to confirm whether it is ok or not)
– Microsoft Edge; Google Chrome; or Apple Safari 13 (or newer)
– Valid and active anti-virus software
– Web camera and microphone
– Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
* You would also need to agree to install applications that are required by Westgate. If an applicant does not meet the requirements above, we may not be able to make a hiring decision.
– University graduate with a bachelor’s and/or more advanced degree, plus one of the following:
a) experience teaching EFL/ESL in a classroom environment, along with a teaching certificate (TEFL/TESL/TESOL) and/or teaching credentials or qualifications (elementary/primary/secondary)
b) 1000+ hours of EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching certificates, credentials or qualifications
* No Japanese language ability is required.
3) CONTRACT PERIOD:
September to December / January (approx. 3 to 5 months)
Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama, and Aichi
– Approximately 260,000 yen per month for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification, but less than 499 hours of actual classroom teaching experience
– Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification who have 500+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience
– Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors who have 1000+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching qualifications
*Note: Compensation is based on an hourly rate of pay. Exact monthly earnings fluctuate but over the course of a contract period average out to the figures listed above.
– HOUSING is provided. We can arrange a furnished single apartment with a rental fee of 81,000 yen per month (utilities and maintenance fees included).
– WORKING VISA SPONSORSHIP is available.
– RENEWABLE contract.