IB HOMEROOM TEACHERS NEEDED INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL BASED IN NAGOYA – JAPAN GREAT WORKING ENVIRONMENT
1. About our school
– We provides “all-around education” to develop high standards of intellect level and linguistic ability as well as cross-cultural understanding and tolerance as a PYP authorized candidate school of International Baccalaureate.
– The school aims to enable our students to intuitively think from various perspectives and delve deeply into topics by means of cross-curricular study which develops intellect, expressiveness, a strong capacity for ethics and research capability.
– The school’s education promotes a well-balanced curriculum to develop their intellectual, creative, personal, social, and physical abilities.
– The school is committed to educating both Japanese and foreign students to be international, critical thinkers and lifelong learners by encouraging their curiosity and learning through inquiry.
2. We are looking for 3 teachers for the IB program at our Elementary school. Please see the requirements below:
– Hold University Degree (open to major)
– Hold teaching certificate
– Have at least 1 year teaching experience with Elementary level
– In Japan now and be able to start working in July
– Enthusiastic, thrive and love working with Kids
3. Position Description
– Student level: Elementary (3 – 12 years old)
– Class size: 15 – 20 students/class
– 1 – 2 Japanese teachers supporting in each class
– Work 5 days during Monday to Saturday (Sundays + one weekday are off) teachers can receive Saturday off as well.
– Lessons are conducted during morning and afternoon. Every morning, start with a meeting at 8:30 a.m. and latest shift finishes at 6:15 p.m
4. Salary and benefits
– Base salary: 240000JPY – 290000JPY
– National holidays are off and teachers have 3 periods of paid vacations (Summer, Winter and Spring) approximately 1 week each period.
– After 6 months of work, teachers will obtain 10 paid holidays. The number of paid vacation days increases along with years of service.
– Health insurance provided
– Supporting relocation and apartment search.
– On-going IB training provided
– Yearly bonus: 50,000 JPY
– Resigning bonus: 50,000 JPY
– Commuting bonus reimbursement: 15,000 JPY
5. About IB program
The IB offers an education for students from age 3 to 19, comprising four programmes that focus on teaching students to think critically and independently, and how to inquire with care and logic. The IB prepares students to succeed in a world where facts and fiction merge in the news, and where asking the right questions is a crucial skill that will allow them to flourish long after they’ve left our programmes.
6. How to apply?
– send your CV to the email address