Teach online English lessons with NEU ABC
Good day to you wonderful educators! Are you looking for a new company that values teachers? A new company that is expanding, growing, and adding teachers? Well, look no further! NEU ABC wants you to consider becoming a teacher with us.
First, a few deets!
1. As the company suggests, we are NEU to the world of online teaching but not NEU to education. Our parent company, based in the United States, is Cricket Media. Cricket Media has been providing solid educational content for children for 40 years!
2. Our pay is $9 per lesson. Each lesson is 25 minutes long and is based upon the Happy Camper series of English lessons by McMillian (see lesson format here)
3. Our company is transparent. We want you to know that you will be working teaching Chinese students during their evening hours of 6-8 p.m. BST. (Sunday to Saturday) These young learners need their sleep so our lessons occur earlier in the evening. We also offer lessons from 6-9 a.m. on Thursday, Friday, and Saturdays. Let’s make sure our young learners have a childhood!
4. We still pay you by check in the mail. You fill out an invoice to let us know the hours that you work each week. It’s a little old school. Yes, we acknowledge that. The best part of this feature is your pay comes every 2.5 weeks. (The first paycheck will come 4-7 weeks after you start and then will arrive every 2.5 weeks.)
4. We need teachers! The requirements for teachers include being from the United States or Canada, have a Bachelor’s Degree or above, and have some online teaching experience. A TESOL or TEFL certificate is also a bonus!
5. We’re growing, we’re changing, we’re open to suggestions. If you think of your online teaching job as a new adventure, you’ll be glad to know that NEU ABC listens to your input. We communicate with teachers via WeChat and email. Our teachers feel that they are a part of a community.
6. We don’t believe in fines. Yes, you heard it! No fines. We know that life happens. People get sick, family members have emergencies, computers break down. As long as you communicate what is happening, we’ll find another person to cover your class.
7. We ask for 7 hours of availability each week. To start out with, not all of those hours will be filled. Just being transparent here! Our scheduling system works as a matching system. Your availability is matched with student availability. As you are open to teach, you will be matched with a student who needs to take a lesson.
8. We know what works for teachers. We understand that you want to have a sense of autonomy and a sense of community. We’re here to help you find that balance.
If you think NEU ABC may be the right job for you, please apply directly at this link:
Thank you and hope that you will be a member of the NEU ABC family soon.