Teach Communicative English to Motivated Teenagers and Adults (14 – 21,000 RMB + Benefits)
Reference no.: EAMT06T
Locations: China – Over 25 cities
Position: Full Time English Language Teacher to Teenagers and Adults
Start date: Year round
Our website: www.GoldStarTeachers.com/meten
Meten English is looking for English teachers who can incorporate a fun and creative teaching style with our unique teaching materials and approaches to ensure our adult students receive a first rate educational experience.
If you are looking for a chance to teach communicative English to motivated adult students in one of China’s major cities where every day at work will bring exciting challenging then we have just the job for you.
Meten English is the leading language provider for adult students globally, with a dominant presence in China. Our innovative Meten English Method integrates the best of proven teaching approaches to provide the most effective English language education available for adults. Students listen, read, write, speak, and practice English under the tutelage of native English speaking teachers.
The school was established in 2006 and growing stronger every year, Meten English has provided instruction to over 60,000 students and has over 100 centers in over 25 cities including Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Suzhou, Xiamen, Chengdu, Chongqing, Wuhan, Dongguan, Changsha and Nanjing.
Each Meten English center is equipped with state of the art equipment, which include a coffee bar, theatre, library, lab area with many computers with internet access and comfortable, spacious classrooms that allow students to study in a comfortable and relaxing environment.
Students are typically 14 to 35 years old professionals, well educated and from a wide variety of backgrounds. There are some ambitious high school students ages 14-18, who are motivated to learn English and recognise it as a skill essential for their academic and career development. Levels range from beginner right through to advanced and all students are clearly placement tested to ensure they are studying alongside students of the same abilities.
Courses at Meten English are based on our unique Experimental Learning System which measures students’ requirements to formulate courses to meet their requirements. Teaching is student centered as focuses on developing English skills through thoughtful and meaningful learning tasks in a relaxed and fun environment.
Meten English’s 4D English Learning System is widely recognized and practiced throughout the world and is a combination of Western and Asian methodologies designed to match Chinese students’ learning habits. The 4D English Learning System is made up of four parts – Fun, Skill, Tech and Goal.
Meten strongly believe when course material and teaching style is fun the learning process will be more effective and engaging. Course materials are filled with fun and interesting lesson topics that relate to students’ daily lives. Meten’s Theatre Room is filled with interactive English learning movies which adds a great deal of fun to the learning process.
The Meten Skill Drive incorporates techniques designed to provide students with effective learning strategies. This involves the Communicative Method, Task Based Learning, Situation Learning and the Audio-Lingual Method. An online virtual gaming component, known as MOW, allows students to take the role of a character in a virtual English environment and can interact with other teachers and students online.
You will not only be teaching, but also developing your own skill sets and competencies. Teacher training and support is central to our company culture and through workshops, seminars and class observations you will be constantly expanding the teaching methods at your disposal. Time is devoted to idea and experience sharing so you always have fresh ideas to work with.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 120 hour TEFL certificate (No TEFL? We recommend INTESOL: www.GoldStarTeachers.com/INTESOL)
• 2 years of teaching experience preferred but not required
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or Ireland
• Outgoing, social personality
• 25 teaching hours + 10 office hours per week
• Working schedule including weekends (two days off during weekdays)
• Teach a variety of English classes to a range of abilities
• Ensure students learn and progress and receive the support and encouragement needed
• Take part in social activities
• 12,500 – 18, 000 RMB per month for Beijing, Guangzhou & Shenzhen
• 12,000 – 16,000 RMB per month for other locations (depends on teaching experience)
• Housing allowance of 1,500 – 3,000 RMB depending on the city
• 12 days Chinese National holidays + 10 days of annual leave
• Flight allowance: 8,000 – 10,000 RMB
• Contract renew bonus 3,000 – 6,000 RMB
• 200 RMB per student open class bonus
• 7 days paid hotel accommodation on arrival
• Full accident and health insurance provided
• 2,500 RMB quarterly performance bonus
• Regional bonus 1,500 – 2,000 RMB per month for Huizhou, Zhongshan, Mianyang, Shaoxing and Shenyang
• Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
• Full attendance bonus
• On-going training and professional development
• Career development opportunities
How to Apply
Please send the following to Jeannie at jeannie@GoldStarTeachers.com:
• Covering letter
• Recent, smart photo
• Passport photo page (scan)
• Degree & TEFL certificates (scan)
• Preference for teaching locations (if any)
• Quote reference # EAMT06T in the email subject
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.