English Language Teacher Position in Osaka, Japan
***YOU MUST BE IN JAPAN AND HAVE A CURRENT WORK VISA***
A Full-time teaching position has opened to join our team as we have a long serving teacher returning home.
We believe everyone is different, learn differently, have different needs and understanding these is important to us as a school.
Being a teacher with us means you are the most important thing to us, after all if we do not have teachers, we do not have students.
Our next team member will be part of a small team who entered the COVID-19 world like everyone else here in Japan and will be using our online system as well as the classic face to face lesson.
We have students of all ages from 3 through to businessmen and retired, therefore the team member needs to be comfortable around both kids and adults.
We are a medium to large, foreign owned family run school with 150-200 weekly students learning from our team in a working environment which is designed around the teachers.
We focus on communication between team members and providing a relaxed working atmosphere with weekly team meetings.
We open from Tuesday to Saturday and hours of when teachers are at school are from 12pm to 9pm or 10pm, Saturday we start from 9am till 6pm. Depending on schedule and other factors, there are times when teachers may be asked to teach morning lessons, this is shared and taken turns with other team members.
On a typical day there could be 3-7 lessons and lunch/dinner breaks will be taken, because we all need to eat and drink and relax.
Successful applicants will have an interview with the management team first, then with the team members which will allow you to ask questions about the school and what it is like to be part of the team.
We hope so, so please email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume.
Please check our homepage www.osakala.com, facebook and instagram pages.
Qualifications: • 120 hour TEFL qualification/ TESOL qualification
• University Degrees (legal requirement from Japanese Gov)
• No Japanese language ability required
• Native English Speaker
Typical task involves; Classroom management; facilitating the lessons maximising the students chance to speak while ensuring adequate correction is given depending on the students needs/likes, typical lessons are between 22-30 per week.
• Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups;
• e-mailing adult students homework if required; • marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work; • organising and getting involved in social and cultural activities such as school events, school parties, dinners and excursions; • Involvement in school marketing ideas and implementation • attending and contributing to training sessions; • participating in marketing events for the school; • Administrational duties, such as keeping student registers and attendance records. Compensation and benefit
• Starting Salary: 230,000yen --- dependant on experience and skill set
• Accident insurance during working hours covered • Assistance in finding accommodation ** • Overall welfare assistance
• Remuneration for those who show outstanding performance and contribution to the school will be assessed on an ongoing basis.
Successful applicants are invited to Skype interviews with the management, teachers and followed by potential face to face interviews. Referees will also be contacted.
Applicants will need to send your CV and cover letter to Steve and Junko Sasaki-Samuels at firstname.lastname@example.org We will be in contact with the applicants who are successful with the first stage.
Could you please assume if you haven’t heard from us in 2 weeks then unfortunately you application has been unsuccessful.
To apply, email email@example.com