King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals
College of General Studies
Box 38, Dhahran 31261
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to apply for a position as a Lecturer in the English Language Department. Located in Dhahran, on the Arabian Gulf, KFUPM is an English-medium university of science, technology, and business. With around 10,000 undergraduates, KFUPM attracts the top 2% of MENA students and is ranked in the top 200 universities worldwide. The ELD typically has 25% of those students enrolled in any one semester. We expect to recruit new faculty for the start of the autumn semester in August 2021.
● Native speaker of English
● Place of Birth: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, UK and USA
● Graduate of an Anglophone university
The English Language Department (ELD) teaches three undergraduate English courses:
- An Introduction to Academic Discourse (freshmen composition, reading and academic vocabulary)
- An Introduction to Report Writing (source-based writing, presentation skills, and term report)
- Academic and Professional Communication (advanced research and report writing skills, recruitment strategies, business correspondence, and presentation skills)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Applicants need a first degree in any discipline with: a Master‰¥ús preferably in TEFL/TESOL or Applied Linguistics, or a one-year postgraduate diploma in TEFL/TESL from an accredited university, or an RSA/UCLES DELTA. Applicants should also have a minimum of five years' full-time teaching of EFL/EAP with a strong writing component, preferably in Higher Education, and have overseas experience.
The academic calendar consists of two 15-week semesters (fall and spring), each followed by two weeks allocated to final examinations. ELD faculty teach four classes per day, three days per week and have five office hours per week. They teach two of the three undergraduate courses each semester and typically have responsibility for between 100 to 120 students.
- Two-year renewable contracts
- Very competitive tax-free salaries
- End-of-service gratuity
- Additional remuneration through the evening language and summer programs may be available
- Generous leave including annual round-trip air tickets for faculty, spouse and two children
- Monthly transportation allowance
- Free furnished, air-conditioned, campus-based accommodation with free utilities and house maintenance
- Educational allowance for school-age children
- Free medical and dental care at the University Clinic or local hospital
- Excellent recreational facilities including sports, fitness and private beach
- On-campus and off-campus bus services to local schools and shopping centres
If you are interested in applying to the ELD, please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful applicants will be contacted.