Chonnam National University (Yeosu Campus), Job opening
Fall Semester, 2021, Yeosu Korea
The Global Education Center at Chonnam National University is now looking for native English speakers to work full-time as professional English language instructors from August 30th, 2021. The successful applicants will teach credited university English classes, as well as general English conversation classes and/or children’s English classes (all together, approximately 20 class hours per week). He or she might also be involved in developing English language teaching materials for Korean EFL university students in cooperation with Korean teachers of English.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The applicants must:
- Be a native speaker of English (from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the U.K., and the U.S.A.);
- Hold at least a B.A., B.Ed., or B.Sc. degree;
- B.A. / B.Ed. or above in areas relating to English language teaching;
- ESL teaching certificates (TESOL, TEFL, CELTA etc);
- At least one year experience in teaching English as a second/foreign language;
- MONTHLY PAY
2,371,000 ~ 2,556,000 won per month depending on the applicant’s teaching experiences and qualifications (approximately 20 class hours per week; 8-10 weeks (most likely, 10 weeks) paid vacation in a year.).
- ACCOMMODATION AND BENEFITS
- Fully-furnished single dormitory apartment with free internet, hot water, TV, air conditioner. etc. (All foreign teachers must pay part of the management fee for the dormitory room/apartment: Currently GEC pays 2,184,000won per year, Foreign teacher pays 1,416,000won per year)
- Severance bonus upon the completion of the contract;
- Up to 1 million won airfare reimbursement (50% of a round-trip ticket or 100% of a one-way ticket)
- 300,000 won settlement allowance
- Medical Insurance & National Pension: 50% paid by the employer;
- 8-10 weeks paid vacation within the contract period
- CONTRACT PERIOD
- One year, starting from August 30th, 2021 – Renewable upon mutual agreement.
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICANTS
- A full resume/CV with a recent photo;
- A cover letter that should include, at least, academic qualifications, teaching experiences, and more than one reference’s name and contact information;
- Scanned copies of undergraduate and graduate diplomas;
- A copy of passport (photo/information page);
- A copy of the Korean alien registration card (if applicable).
Applicants who do not submit all the documents above will not be seriously considered for this position.
- HOW TO APPLY
- By e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or post (see 7 below for the full address);
- All applications should be received no later than June 4th, 2021;
- Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews, and mailed documents will not be returned;
- “Apostilled or notarized academic diplomas, an “apostilled” criminal record check, and subsequent medical check (in Korea) will be required from the successful candidate to process his or her visa.
For more information, contact Mr. Zuliani (Hiring Manager) via:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Address: Global Education Center, Chonnam National University,
50 Daehakro, Yeosu-Si, Jeollanam-Do 59626, S. Korea.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org