Assistant Professor Positions
Assistant Professor Positions Opening
Fall Semester 2020
Busan University of Foreign Studies
Busan University of Foreign Studies, located at Busan, is looking for highly qualified, motivated, and dedicated foreign faculty member to begin in the Fall semester, 2020.
One of the sources of BUFS’ academic strength can be found in foreign languages and cutting-edge language education with more than 60 foreign faculty members. We are a private university located in Busan, the largest port city in South Korea.
*Outline of Opening Positions (Assistant Professor)
1. Institute of Foreign Language Education (글로벌외국어교육원)
1) Major/Fields : All major
2) Level : M.A.
3) Number of Opening : 4 (Non-Korean Nationality)
4) Teaching Subject : Discussion & Debate, English Drama, Acadmic Writing, Issues in news, etc.
5) Priority will be given to candidates who have major in English education or who speak Korean
-Applicants MUST have a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree from an English-speaking country
-Applicants MUST have more than two years of teaching or research experience at University or College level
-Applicants MUST be in good legal standing for the employment at a private university
*Period of Employment : October 1, 2020 – September 30, 2022(can be renewed depending on evaluation)
-Master’s or Ph.D. degree holders: 2,398,000 won per month
-Required teaching 12 hours per week
-Overtime payment will be made if exceed required teaching hours
1) Housing allowance 300,000 won per month
(if you are living with family, it will be added 100,000 won).
2) Basic Medical Coverage provided through National Health Insurance
3) Transportation : A successful candidate hired directly from overseas (Overseas hiring) will be offered one way airfare between the point of hiring and Busan or a return airfare from China/Japan to Busan for the purpose of obtaining a Working Visa(E-1)
4) Pension will be provided
*Documents to submit
-Applicants meeting the above qualifications should E-MAIL the following PRELIMINARY application documents to: email@example.com
“Preliminary Application (Phase 1) Documents” include:
1) Cover Letter
2) Resume (NOTE: MUST include: name, birth date, photo(3×4), Nationality, Educational Background (please specify DD/MM/YY, address of the institutions where your degree was issued, registrar’s office contact info), major, teaching experiences, current visa status, contact information including your (cell) phone number, email, mailing address)
3) A copy of passport
4) A copy of your LATEST university diploma
5) Certificate of work career(Only teaching or research experience at University or College level is acceptable)
=>Should submit the said documents, otherwise you are considered an INELIGIBLE candidate.
*Application Period: August 18 ~ September 1, 2020(Korean Local Time)
-ONLY those who passed the applications assessment conducted by BUFS hiring committee will be considered for an interview. (Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.)
-The detailed interview schedule including interview date and site will be sent to you via EMAIL. Absence of notification by our university means that you are not being considered or INELIGIBLE.
-Interviews followed by class demo are expected to take place in the middle of September 2020.