Sendai International school. Homeroom teachers needed for Kindergarten and Elementary. Up to 3,600 USD TAKE HOME. Housing allowance provided
Introduction about the school:
Japan International School has served the educational needs of diverse families since 2003. With its state-of-the-art campus, HJIS aims to provide students with a highly challenging, rigorous, and engaging curriculum.
As an authorized IB World School for the DP, the backbone of HJIS’ curriculum is to instill international-mindedness, global citizenship, and intercultural learning, and to explore global issues and diverse perspectives.
We are hiring
– Primary School Teacher (from August 2020) x 1
– Preschool/Kindergarten Teacher (from August 2020) x1
Introduction about Sendai city
Sendai is a city in Japan’s Tohoku Region, northeast of Tokyo on Honshu island. The remains of 17th-century Sendai Castle, built for samurai lord Date Masamune on Aoba Hill, overlook the city and include a museum of historic artifacts. The Sendai City Museum focuses on the history and culture of Japan’s Edo period, and displays Masamune’s samurai armor.
Salary and benefits:
– Salary: 300 000 JPY – 400 000 JPY (2700 – 3600 USD)
– Visa assistance
– One-way flight ticket
– Bonus on top for performance
– Housing allowance of 30000 JPY ($300) + Housing arrangement + basic furniture
– Paid holidays + Sick leave
– Health insurance support followed Japanese laws
– Public transportation cover
– Children tuition-free
– PYP workshop for teachers
– Teaching age: 4-11 years old
– Working hours: around 25 teaching hours/ week +15 office hours – Work-days: Mon – Fri
– 2 days off during weekends
– Each class will be supported by 1 Japanese teacher.
– English speakers coming from the US, the UK, S.A, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, and Canada
– BA in Education or MA in Education preferably
– Teaching license is required
– At least 3 years of teaching experience
– Prefer candidates live in Japan now
– Experience with PYP
– Experience working in a multicultural setting
– Best-practice methodologies + evidence of recent professional growth activities
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are interested in our school, please kindly send us your:
2. Teaching certificate
3. BA degree
4. Profile picture
via our email.