Global Language Training
Teaching Online 40 Hour Online TEFL Course
|Course Type||TEFL Specialization|
About Teaching Online 40 Hour Online TEFL Course
Module 1: eLearning Benefits and the use of technology in the classroom
- Other ways to learn and practice English online
- Blended learning
- Learning management systems and eLearning effectiveness
- Video: What is Moodle?
- Video: An Online English Learning & Assessment System
- Learning English online:Advantages & Disadvantages
- Online EFL/ESL instruction offers a variety of educationalopportunities
- Who is online language learningfor?
- E-mail discussion lists or forums
- Why teach with Internet-based project work?
- Motivating Students to do Project
- Reasons for using WebQuest
- Types of WebQuests
- Know your sources
- Exploring the possibilities
- Module 1: Quiz
Module 2: Using new ways and interactive web tools to communicate in language learning
- Teacher attitudes and the benefits of new technology in language learning
- Strategies,equipmentand skills in language learning courses
- Transforming teaching methods in the classroom
- Getting Started
- If EFL/ESL teachers have access to a handful of mobile devices
- Video: Technology in the Classroom
- Adjusting the system on effective online instruction
- Choosing a search engine
- Evaluation Activities
- Search engine
- Teaching limited English proficiency students
- Verbal interaction
- Video: Using Technology for Vocabulary Instruction
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Module 2: Quiz
Module 3: Using Online Chat and E-mail in EFL/ESL Instruction
- Advantages of chat rooms in language learning
- How to use and integrate different types of chat in instruction
- How to use Skype in EFL/ESL course
- Relationship between anxiety, curiosity and receptiveness to learning
- Video: Watch a live online English lesson onSkype
- Video: Using Skype to Teach English Online
- What kind of vocabulary should EFL/ESL students use inchats?
- Chat advantages and disadvantages
- Video: English Vocabulary – Chat abbreviations 2 FYI, BTW, LOL, AKA, BFF
- Video: 10 commonly used British Slang words
- How e-mailing works and its benefits
- Suggestions for incorporating e-mail into EFL/ESL classes
- Collaborative Projects:Focus on reading and writing exchange
- E-mail between the teacher and the student
- Dialogue Journals
- Video: Google Docs in the Classroom
- Video: Using Google Drive to Collaborate With English Learners Online
- Module 3: Quiz
Module 4: Using electronic materials for teaching
- Teachers of the Future
- Thoughts on the future of teaching and learning English
- What will eLearning look like in the future?
- Future elearning trends
- Video: What is a MOOC?
- Video: The Gamification of Education
- Preparing and supporting online teachers
- Skills of online teachers
- Purpose of electronic material and practical steps to create an online EFL/ESLcourse
- Build a course skeleton
- Authoring tools for producing materials
- Why do EFL/ESL teachers need and want to change the way they teach when they move online?
- How do teachers want to teach online?
- Module 4: Quiz
Module 5: Main advantages of ICT tools and technology for virtual classroom
- Activities for virtual classroom and social software
- Virtual Classroom
- Video: M-E free Virtual Classroom Tutorial
- Making a blog and a successful podcast
- Making a successful podcast
- How to create a podcast?
- Video: Podcasting to Personalise Feedback
- Using wikis in learning and teaching
- The Internet and its free online tools that might change teaching for the better
- What materials and tools do students need to study a language?
- Translation software
- Module 5: Quiz
Module 6: Technology assisted learning
- ePortfolios – Best practices and benefits for teachers
- Video: E-portfolio Setup (Using Google Sites and Google Drive)
- Why use USB memory sticks in a course?
- Practical considerations in computer-based testing
- Interactive whiteboard enhance classroom learning
- How can teachers use word processing for teaching and creating materials?
- Adding pictures and links
- Example of grammar exercise
- Other activities that can be done online
- Module 6: Quiz